- Animal Collective, LCD Soundsystem and many more indie-tastic artists have inspired a coloring book.
- Portishead are already working on a new album!
- Speaking of trip-hop, what’s up with Bloc Party‘s new single????
- Ratatat have extended their summer tour.
- Beck‘s new Danger Mouse-produced disc was supposed to be just one song.
- Dan Deacon, Nada Surf and TV on the Radio are among the confirmed artists for this September’s Musicfest NW.
- The Grizzly Bear-related Department of Eagles have finally wrapped up their second full-length.
- Dizzee Rascal has topped the UK charts for the first time.
- Talk about a heated Girl Talk post.
- Thurston Moore apparently whalloped the photo pit at Sonic Youth‘s 4th of July gig.
- The spike in vinyl sales has pushed Best Buy into resurrecting the format.
- Our friends at Decibel have applied our “13 Questions” page to King Buzzo of The Melvins.
- Tori Amos is appearing at San Diego’s ComicCon this month.
- Kate Moss has reportedly split from Jamie Hince of The Kills.
- And now for some useless information, Jim Henson fans.
- Black Mountain and Holy Fuck have both been named on the Polaris Prize short list.
Spin our Single of the Day after the jump …
THE ARTIST: Tricky
THE SONG: “Tricky Kid”
WHY IT’S A MUST-PLAY: Um, just look at Tricky on that 12-inch sleeve. Could he have been more of a bad-ass back then?