1. Describe your Unsound set in a couple sentences.
For our first show since 1997, we have programmed all new music following directly from what you hear on the BEB release. Supra urban city scapes, data flows like rivers, night creatures coming down to a digital watering hole–surveying it all with our ally Kotra!
2. If you could book any living artist for a festival like Unsound, who would it be and why?
The early incarnation of Einsturzende Neubauten, with FM Einheit, Marc Chung and Borsig.
3. What’s one record you’ve obsessed over lately, and why?
Satie: The Early Piano Works, as performed by Reinbert De Leeuw. The classic, almost ambient pieces at a bit slower tempo–even deeper and chill.
4. How about a song you can’t stop playing?
“Immolare” by Function, from the Sandwell District album.
5. What are you working on now, and what can we expect from you in the rest of 2012?
Currently finishing these new Black Rain pieces for 4/21, as well as the new Ike Yard album. 2012 looks to be a big one–an upcoming release of a major Dominatrix reissue with unreleased tracks, a Death Comet Crew reissue, and the first EP and LP from o13. Also my label Rec’s releases of early Black rain circa 1989-1993 and ’94-’98, and various t.b.a. soundtracks/productions that are ongoing now! And finishing tracks for my own Polystyle album.