1. Describe your Unsound set in a couple sentences.
Techno good. Acid great. Big drum fun.
2. If you could book any living artist for a festival like Unsound, whoâ€¨ would it be and why?
An 808 State live Set would be amazing. They’re originators I truly respect and love.
3. What’s one record you’ve obsessed over lately, and why?
The Burrel Brothers Present: The Nu Groove Years on Rush Hour. It’s just an amazing snapshot of a moment in time–when drum machine music was so simple and yet so effective. It’s beautiful.
4. How about a song you can’t stop playing?
“Klondike Rush” by Samoyed
5. What are you working on now, and what can we expect from you in the restâ€¨ of 2012?
My album is out on April 30th on Tectonic Recordings! It’s 13 tracks on CD, 12 on vinyl, and there will hopefully be a Japanese release with 2 extra tunes. I’ve also got a 12” EP lined up with Ghettophiles for their relaunch that should be really interesting, and an EP with Trouble & Bass for more of my street music.
Distal performs at Unsound’s â€˜Bass Mutations’ event tonight at Indiescreen, which runs from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. and features such low end theoreticians as Sepalcure, Nguzunguzu and 2562.