The Artist/Album: Radiohead, The King of Limbs (Ticker Tape, February 19)
The Details: They’ve done it again–the world’s most adventurous mainstream band have announced their eighth album less than a week before its release. Available as a digital download through the band’s own Ticker Tape imprint this Saturday, The King of Limbs will also be pressed in a “Newspaper Album” format–and as a standard CD if you still care about those–through TBD Records on March 28. Here’s what you’ll get with the former:
- Two clear 10″ vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
- A compact disc.
- Many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradeable plastic to hold it all together.
- The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
- The Newspaper Album will be shipped on Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download on Saturday 19th February 2011.
- Shipping is included in the prices shown.
- One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12″ vinyl.
May the pre-orders begin.