Photo by Emir Eralp
As you might be able to tell by the click-able Flying Lotus cover on your right, we quietly released our eighth digital issue this week–quietly because we’ll soon be pairing it with an iPad version, pending Apple’s lovely approval process. In the meantime, you’ve got two choices: read it right on your laptop (we recommend the full screen mode on the top toolbar), or press this on your iPhone and you’ll be immediately taken to a Flash-free version that’d make Steve Jobs proud. It doesn’t play music like our current Web pressing, but let’s just say we have major plans for the coming months–plans that’ll make self-titled one of the most accessible, and essential, cross-platform publications on the market.
For now, here’s what we have in store:
- Flying Lotus‘ most extensive/mind-expanding cover story yet.
- Xasthur loses the corpsepaint, in what very well may be his last interview.
- Jamie Lidell fills out one of our Lib Service sheets.
- Fang Island get caricatures done in Times Square, and review each rendition.
- The Dillinger Escape Plan discusses the Meaning of Life. Yes, really.
- Ariel Pink breaks his entire album down alongside a streaming version of the entire thing.
- Washed Out and Small Black interview one another.
- TrentemÃ¸ller reveals the non-musical influences on his new record.
- Lots of pretty pictures.
As always, thanks for your continued support. We’ll keep adding ST008-related music to the following playlist as a thank you…